[Bldg-rate] ASHRAE 90.1 - VAV Fan Part-Load Power Limitation

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Tue Aug 26 09:14:22 PDT 2008

The baseline building will still be constructed in the same method using Appendix G regardless of your choice of proposed AHU.  The baseline system will have a single fan/motor AHU, and it will have VAV characteristics if required based on the system selection table and size of the system.

The portion of the Standard 90.1 you are referring to in Section 6 is for prescriptive compliance.  If your project is using the prescriptive section for code submittal, then you just have to meet or exceed those requirements without a quantification of "how much better".

Hope this helps!

David