[Bldg-rate] Welcome to BLDG-RATE

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Tue Sep 2 15:25:31 PDT 2008

Welcome Everyone!

About 160 people have subscribed so far to the BLDG-RATE
mailing list since my announcements last week.

I announced the start of the mailing list to:

  bldg-sim at onebuilding.org
  tc28-l at onebuilding.org
  sbse at uidaho.edu
  coteforum at lyris.aia.org
  biggreen at lists.biggreen.org
  greenbuilding at listserv.repp.org

If you know of any other mailing lists, forums, blogs, etc.,
  that might have people that would be interested in
building performance rating, please let me know.

To get things started here is a little background on me. I
run the onebuilding.org web site and mailing lists and
started the BLDG-SIM mailing list in March 1999. I have been
a member of the ASHRAE 90.1 committee forever (it seems) and
now chair the Energy Cost Budget subcommittee. I led an
ASHRAE research project titled "Evaluation of Building
Energy Performance Rating Protocols 1286-RP" which looked at
LEED-NC/LEED-EB, ENERGY STAR Label for Buildings, BREEAM,
ARCH/CALARCH, and ENERGYguide.

I think we have enough people on this list to have a good
discussion so what questions about building performance
rating do you have?

It also might help to understand what expertise in building
performance rating systems we have on the list so if some of
you want to introduce yourselves, feel free.

Jason

--
Jason Glazer, P.E., GARD Analytics, 90.1 ECB chair