[Bldg-rate] [Bldg-sim] PSZ-AC

Paul Riemer Paul.Riemer at dunhameng.com
Fri Sep 5 10:48:19 PDT 2008

Carol,
I agree mostly but I would reverse your last statement to say to create one PSZ-AC or PSZ-HP per thermal zone.  Remember in Appendix G, the modeler does not get to decide the HVAC zoning.  Per Table G3.1.8, the zoning is the design zoning if it exists or a prescribed zoning of core & 15' perimeter zones by glazed orientation etc...

(If your proposed is multiple zone VAV and your baseline is going to be PSZ-AC or PSZ-HP, do a little reading and thinking before choosing the PSZ system type in eQUEST/DOE-2.2 or you might have many years and much pain as a great teacher on one project).

I have always assumed that it would be technically wrong to put more than one zone on your PSZ-AC or PSZ-HP but I guess I can not cite a code section to prove it.  Can anyone else or other opinions?

Paul Riemer