[Bldg-rate] 90.1 baseline in EnergyPro v5

Hwakong Cheng hwakong at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 18:47:38 PDT 2010

About a year ago, there was a posting asking about user experiences with the new EnergyPro version 5, which is capable of automatically generating a 90.1 baseline model, but there were no responses at the time.

http://www.energysoft.com/main/page_energypro_nonresidenital_modules.html

Has anyone used it yet and have feedback to share on the quality of its interpretation of Appendix G? I've used older versions of EnergyPro before, but I'm specifically looking for feedback on the 90.1 compliance functionality.

My experience with EnergyPro for Title 24 compliance is that, beyond specifying the details of your proposed building, there is very limited control over how that is transformed in the baseline model and how the T-24 ACM is interpreted (probably a good thing). It is what it is and there is no way to explicitly edit the baseline model. eQUEST, on the other hand, typically crashes during Title 24 compliance runs, but once it runs, there is always the possibility of taking the auto-generated proposed and standard model input files and "fixing them."

Without the possibility of applying a human touch to the interpretation of the nitty gritty in Appendix G and all of the particulars of new building designs out there, I imagine it would be very difficult to create a robust compliance engine that would work for every situation. On the other hand, it might be nice not to *be able* to look at and, therefore, not *have to* look at the details of the baseline building... but I haven't used it yet.

Thanks for any feedback.

Hwakong