[Bldg-rate] Energy Modeler
jlang at cuningham.com
Thu Jan 24 07:23:50 PST 2013
Energy Modeler - Description of Position
Energy Modeler: Hutton Architecture Studio a Member of Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc. is seeking a full time energy modeler. This unique position includes direct involvement with the design team to establish project goals and meet high performance expectations. You will assist with energy modeling on national and international, public and private project types from early to post-construction phases of the project. At all stages of the project, we value innovative ideas for efficient alternative solutions. Also expect that you will be assisting in the sustainable education efforts as they relate to modeling both within the company and with our clientele as necessary.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Julie Lang at jlang at cuningham.com<mailto:jlang at cuningham.com>
* Mechanical Engineer, Energy Engineer, or Architectural Engineer degree.
* Two years experience with Trane Trace 700, DOE2.2, eQuest, EnergyPlus, or Carrier HAP.
* Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1-2007 as it relates to LEED v3.
* Experience in creating energy models for at least two projects in a LEED v3 rating system.
* Teamwork as well as the ability to function independently to translate modeling results in a logical, accurate manner for clients, GBCI, or other entities.
* Ability to integrate results from other architectural strategies such as daylighting strategies natural ventilation, and high performance building envelopes.
* The following communication skills are critical: o The ability to offer options for overall energy efficiency which fit within budget and project constraints.
* The ability to explain in verbal, graphic, and written format what model outputs mean to architects, clients, and other consultants.
* BEMP Certified
* LEED AP
* Familiarity with CHPS, Living Building Challenge, The 2030 Challenge, and Energy Star.
* Familiarity with Autodesk Revit and other BIM software compatible with Revit.
* Familiarity with other analysis tools such as: Matlab, Ecotect, Greenbuilding Studio, IES Virtual Environment, and similar.
* Ability to model renewable systems (biomass, PV, solar thermal, geo-exchange and others) in conjunction with typical mechanical systems.
* General familiarity with local standards and their impact on energy efficiency objectives (e.g. California Title-24, and Minnesota Sustainable Guidelines).
* Ability to analyze site and source energy use from various locations.
* Quantify, model and understand greenhouse gas based on building systems.
*Experience with life cycle cost analysis
Julie A. Lang, CFDA, Associate Principal
Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc.
Tel: 612 379 5505 Cell: 612 817 0774 Fax: 612 379 4400
St. Anthony Main, 201 Main Street SE, Suite 325, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Collaborate + Invent + Grow <http://www.cuningham.com/>
visit our website www.cuningham.com<http://www.cuningham.com/>
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-rate