[BLDG-SIM] EnergyPlus Developers Workshop, May 7th, Chicago

Drury.Crawley at ee.doe.gov Drury.Crawley at ee.doe.gov
Thu Apr 8 07:48:22 PDT 1999

(We apologize for duplicate cross-postings.)

Dear Colleague,

As you probably know, the US Department of Energy has been working
on a new generation building energy simulation program, EnergyPlus.
EnergyPlus builds on the features and capabilities of both DOE-2 and BLAST.
The EnergyPlus team, US Army CERL, LBNL, and University of Illinois, have
been working for the past two years to create this new program.  In
December 1998, we reached the milestone of a running alpha version
(internal).  We plan to have a beta version running by June 1999.  This
version is primarily for internal testing but we also will make it
available
to people who are interested in developing an user interface or new
calculational modules.

To give those developers who are interested in EnergyPlus an opportunity to
have their detailed questions answered and to make arrangements to get
their fingers into the code, we are holding a one-day workshop in Chicago
on May 7.  The workshop will start at 9 am and end by 5 pm.

To participate in the workshop, you must execute an EnergyPlus Developers
License.  The license gives you access to the code but is not a commercial
use license and you cannot redistribute EnergyPlus code or executables with
this license. Once the commercial use license is available later this year,
you can easily transfer licenses if you wish.  There is a $100 charge for
executing the EnergyPlus Developers License.

You may download a PDF version of the Developers license from the web.
Go to http://gundog.lbl.gov, click on EnergyPlus, click on Developers
License.

More info about EnergyPlus is shown on our web site:
http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus.htm

If you are interested in the workshop, please contact either Dru Crawley
(e-mail: Drury.Crawley at ee.doe.gov), Fred Winkelmann (e-mail:
FCWinkelmann at lbl.gov),
or Linda Lawrie (e-mail: Lawrie at cecer.army.mil).

Dru Crawley