[BLDG-SIM] DOE-2.1E Glass U-Value

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Tue Aug 10 15:01:55 PDT 1999

I am doing some DOE-2.1E runs and get slightly different
values from two different loads verification reports for
the glass I'm using.  Here is the part of the input file:

##set1 UF 0.45
GT1    GLASS-TYPE
       SHADING-COEF       0.379
       GLASS-CONDUCTANCE  #[1 / #[ #[1 / UF[]] - 0.2986 ]]
       PANES              1
       FRAME-CONDUCTANCE  0.001  ..

I'm not using the Window 4 library.  The equation removes
the outside film coefficient from UF in the GLASS-
CONDUCTANCE input assuming a 7.5 mph wind speed.  In
addition, I have no frame area defined.  Unfortunately, the
LV-H and LV-D report show different results.  The LV-H
report shows 0.450 as the center of glass u-value and this
includes the film coefficient.  The LV-D report shows 0.430
as the average u-value for the window.  Which one is right?
LV-H seems to be the correct value but why aren't they
consistent?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Jason