[BLDG-SIM] Thanks RE: Statistical Estimate of Number of Units ON (peak demand)

BKoran at aol.com BKoran at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 10:28:46 PDT 1999

I just wanted to thank all of those that participated in the discussion of
this subject.  There was certainly a diverse and talented group of responders.

If I reached any conclusion, it's that there is, in certain situations at
least, a statistical component to estimating peak demand that is not easily
considered with typical engineering methods.  I do not know the relative
magnitude of this statistical component; in most cases it is undoubtedly
minor.  However, in cases where several zones see peak demand at the same
time, and these zones are served by cycling rather than unloading equipment,
it may be important.

Thanks again for the responses.

Bill