[BLDG-SIM] Stat Est. response to James F. Pegues

BKoran at aol.com BKoran at aol.com
Thu Jun 3 16:51:28 PDT 1999

Thanks for the wonderful post; I used it to bring some stat-oriented friends
up-to-speed on what I was talking about.

In a message dated 6/3/99 11:14:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
James.F.Pegues at carrier.utc.com writes:

> If you use your statistical approach with hourly simulation data as raw
>  material, there may be several factors beyond the ON/OFF status of the
> packaged
>  DX units that are worth considering.  Over your 100 hour sample period the
>  variations in the following may affect probabilities:
>
>  a. Varying outdoor air temperature which affects the capacity of the DX
>     equipment and influences the cycling rate of the equipment.  This in
turn

>     affects the probability of units being on.
>
>  b. Varying outdoor air temperature also affects the efficiency of the unit
> and
>     thus influences kW use.
>
>  c. Varying building loads which affect the cycling rate of the equipment.

I am already including, to the best of my ability, your items a, b, and c,
which brought me to the need for some statistical analysis.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Bill