[BLDG-SIM] Reasonableness Checks (was: cooking energy)

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Wed Jun 9 06:03:00 PDT 1999

Personally, I would consider the question below a building
simulation issue.  Judgment on end-use intensities is one
of the most common reasonableness checks that building
simulation users have.  Another reasonableness check is
sensitivity analysis - temporarily altering major input
assumptions and making sure the building responds in a way
that makes sense by checking annual and peak electricity
and gas usage.  These checks are both based on engineering
judgment like most reasonableness checks.

What other reasonableness checks are the list members using
when doing building simulations?   What other quality
assurance techniques are the list members using?

Jason