[BLDG-SIM] HVAC efficiency

mr jose hernandez de pedro jose.hernandez-de-pedro at strath.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 07:17:15 PST 1999

Hello everybody!

My name is Jose Hernandez, an 'almost' Mechanical Engineer, specialized in
Heat and Fluids. I am currently developing a project about how to predict
the efficiency of an HVAC system. That means predicting, not measuring, the
efficiency of the system before the real efficiency is obtained through
heat requirements and fuel consumption.
Has anyone had to do something similar in your work or research?
Do you know any instituion that have developped any method to predict the
seasonal efficiency of the whole system or of the boiler, delivery,
emission and control sub-systems taking into account parameters such as
use, occupancy and climate?
Any information will be greated, but I prefer attachment, articles (easy to
find) and information in Internet.
Thanks a lot.

Jose Hernandez
University of Strathclyde