[BLDG-SIM] Solar cooling

Jy.Quinette jyquinette at tecsol.fr
Fri Mar 12 04:00:37 PST 1999

Hello all,

I'm just  joining this list, and I find it very active and efficient.

So, as europeans seem rather rare, I take a few minutes to
present my company and to send a question.

Tecsol is an engineering office (consultant) and has 3 main activities:
- traditionnal HVAC engineering, mainly  for public projects (hospitals,
swimming pools, residential buildings or hotels). It includes of course
energy management, optimizing,...
- use of renewable energies (mainly solar and wind): rural electrification,
solar DHW production (large systems), pv connected to the grid. In this
domain, we include studies of projects and realizations, but also
market studies or specific software development.
- internet sites development and hosting, concerning energy, public
services, and cars(!).

We work at the european level, in France, Spain or Germany and also
in Morocco, Tunisia and Latin America (Cuba, Brazil) through many
different contracts with the European Commission or the french government.
Unfortunately, we don't have opportunities to collaborate with U.S.
companies:
generally, europeans and U.S.' people are competitors, and there is no
public money to encourage this collaboration. But this is another
discussion...

So, my request now: we use TRNSYS 14.2 to simulate a solar cooling system.
This system exists and we have a telemonitoring equipment on it: solar
vacuum
tubes (130 m2) and Yazaki absorption machine (50 kW). The basic type 56 of
TRNSYS is not enough to test some particular improvements.
Does anybody work on this subject ? With which tools ?
Do you know any recent realization of this type which we could visit, or at
least
contact ?

Thank you very much for your help.

J.Yves Quinette