[BLDG-SIM] COMIS/TRNSYS

Ron P. munwiver at erols.com
Fri May 14 12:19:11 PDT 1999

Although I have over 30 years experience modeling the release of hazardous sources outdoors, I am a rookie in the indoor environment looking for insightful guidance. My expertise is in source representation for Gaussian models, but my current assignment is to find a non-CFD building simulation that handles explosive releases or liquid spills that allows the indoor concentration to control the evaporation rate. There does not appear to be such a model today (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I am looking at the COMIS/TRNSYS combo as a foundation for developing such a dynamic source release. Any thoughts or suggestions in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.