[BLDG-SIM] How to estimate direct beam and diffuse radiation from total horizontal?

Vikas Shrestha vshresth at ucla.edu
Wed Oct 6 21:21:58 PDT 1999

Hello!

I have hourly data on total horizontal radiation for Kathmandu, Nepal. I
need to derive direct beam radiation and diffused radiation. I also do
have hourly data on total sunshine hours and cloud cover.

Does anybody have the algorithm handy to calculate direct beam and
diffused components? I would really appreciate your help.

Vikas Shrestha
Graduate student
Department of Architecture and Urban Design
UCLA