[BLDG-SIM] EnXML - A Schema for Energy Simulation Data Exchange

Robert Sonderegger Robert.Sonderegger at SRC-Systems.com
Wed Apr 26 22:59:46 PDT 2000

I find this discussion fascinating and encouraging.  My only 2 cents are
that this effort should start at the top of the "tree," with the building,
sites, plant, system, lighting, equipment, etc., not at the bottom with
envelope materials and assemblies.

All may be eventually be expressed in EnXML (lose the "er"), but it is the
former that will first catch the imagination of those who need to "buy in"
to make this effort fly.  In the eyes of the moneyed decisionmakers, it's
chillers and lighting fixtures that consume operating $, not envelope
materials.

Robert Sonderegger

-----Original Message-----
From: Gowri, Krishnan [mailto:krishnan.gowri at pnl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 3:09 PM
To: BLDG-SIM at gard.com
Subject: [BLDG-SIM] EnerXML - A Schema for Energy Simulation Data Exch
ange

I expect the EnerXML initiative to build consensus on the tag terminology to
standardize schema definitions.  It will be consistent with the IAI/IFC
model
and build off of any published domain extensions or XML schemas available.
have made an IAI/aecXML working group proposal to the Design/Spec group to
include energy simulation data.  My focus currently is the representation of
thermal properties data for envelope materials and assemblies.  If you are
already using schemas or have suggestions for parts of  schemas, please let
me
know and I will incorporate them and make it available through aecXML
submissions and BizTalk/OASIS servers.

- krishnan