[BLDG-SIM] EnerXML - A Schema for Energy Simulation Data Exchange

Larry Degelman larry at archone.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 26 12:32:22 PDT 2000

Has any XML format been established yet for weather data used for energy
simulation software?  We've got several weather data formats out there, and
it would be convenient if these formats were made neutral by embedding the
self-describing variables and data formats right in the file.  This seems
like it would be the easiest to accomplish and the most readily used
database.

If not much has been done on this, I would be glad to work on it this
summer.  What rules and guidelines are available for developing XML schemas?

Larry D

*
Larry O. Degelman, P.E., Professor     e-mail: larry at taz.tamu.edu
Department of Architecture                  Phone: +1-979-845-1891
Texas A&M University                         Fax:    +1-979-862-1571
College Station, TX 77843-3137
Download ENER-WIN at: http://taz.tamu.edu/~energy/enerwin.html
**