[BLDG-SIM] supply air temp. reset in PowerDOE

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Wed Apr 5 13:34:50 PDT 2000

I am trying to model the following sequence of supply air temperature vs. outside air drybulb temp. in PowerDOE.

1) Drybulb above 65F -> Supply temp fixed at 48 F with mechanical cooling
2) Drybulb between 48 and 65 F -> 100% OA, no cooling, so supply temp varies between 48-65 (not including fan delta T, etc)
3) Drybulb below 48 F -> Supply temp fixed at 48 F with economizer cooling only, OA dampers modulate to provide correct supply temp.

The 65F setpoint may be lowered if room temps get too high.

I have been able to specify reset control of the supply temperature, but I think that this strategy will require at least two reset schedules, or a combination of reset and correct specs in the OA economizer section.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Alec Stevens