[BLDG-SIM] EnXML - A Schema for Energy Simulation Data Exchange

Rob Hitchcock RJHitchcock at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 27 09:39:49 PDT 2000

Actually, I am hopeful that aecXML will build on the "tree" that is already in
the IFC model.  It is the leaves of the IFC model that need further
development.  I think that aecXML schema can help this development if done in
parallel.  Also, I am not yet convinced that XML-based data exchange is
appropriate for all details of a building project.  I see equipment and other
component manufacturers gaining the most from XML-based data exchange -
information-rich catalogs and e-commerce transactions.  Of course, this assumes
that manufacturers (e.g., chillers) will become willing to share their
performance data.

Rob Hitchcock