[BLDG-SIM] EnerXML - A Schema for Energy Simulation Data Exchange

John Kennedy jfk at geopraxis.com
Wed Apr 26 12:56:16 PDT 2000

Krishnan,

GeoPraxis has been working on an XML schema that is based on the aecXML
(http://www.aecxml.org/) schema for our California Energy Commission (CEC)
project. We are 80% complete with its development and are currently testing
it with DOE-2.2. We will be publishing this schema in the later part of May.

Through our CEC project (http://www.geopraxis.com/cec.htm) we are developing
a software module that will work with any 3D-CAD application that supports
the XML schema we develop. This software module will conduct DOE-2.2
simulations of the 3D-CAD building model a user has entered. The first
3D-CAD application to support our schema will be DesignWorkshop developed by
Artifice, Inc (http://www.artifice.com/).

We would welcome the opportunity to work with you Krishnan and look forward
to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
John F. Kennedy
Principal, Mechanical Engineer, PE