[BLDG-SIM] prov. weather

Fred Porter fporter at archenergy.com
Thu Aug 10 13:25:00 PDT 2000

Hello again;

Alec Stevens wrote:

> Does anyone know where to get actual (not TMY) hourly weather data for
> Providence, RI for the timeframe 1999-2000?

This GRI site supplies free data from all the main NWS stations.

http://www.gri.org/cgi-bin/re?url=http%3A//www.gri.org/pub/solutions/desiccant/index.html

It provides hourly temp, moisture, pressure and wind, one month at a time.
Currently it only has data through Jan 10, 2000, but it has kept up better in
the past. Let us know if you find a source where multiple months of recent
hourly data can be assembled into single files and downloaded. Out here, the
regional climate center will do this fairly quickly for $50 or so.

> I have a subscription to the NCDC website for Providence , but I can only
> download the hourly data one day at a time.

That's annoying!

> Apparently, if I buy a $300 subscription to all the weather stations in the
> database, I can download a month's worth of data at a time, but I was
> wondering if anyone knew of a different way to go about this.

I guess I'm glad we bought that national subscription!!!!

--
Fred W. Porter
Senior Engineer
email: fporter at archenergy.com