[BLDG-SIM] CAD to energy simulation (was: hornets nest?)

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Thu Jan 27 12:39:28 PST 2000

A few years ago their was a program called Softdesk Energy
by Softdesk Inc. that was developed and sold.  It added a
menu to AutoCad where you could specify weather and
internal loading, etc., and see monthly energy use results.
I don't think it is marketed anymore, in fact when you go
to the www.softdesk.com website you get forwarded to
Autodesk. No mention of any energy program is on the
Autodesk web site that I could find.  All I could find was
on PNL's site since they were one of the developers.

http://www.energytech.pnl.gov:2080/bp/bsp/dtp/dtp.html

I am also curious on how well this program worked.  Has
anyone ever used it?

Jason