[BLDG-SIM] prebid

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Wed Jun 21 06:48:14 PDT 2000

Below is a message for the BLDG-SIM mailing list.

Jason

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:54:26 +0200
From: Werner Keilholz <werner at cstb.fr>
To: f.al-ajmi at lboro.ac.uk
Cc: BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM
Subject: Re: [BLDG-SIM] prebid

Hi Farraji,

there are different approaches to this in TRNSYS, each with
different advantages/drawbacks. The enclosed slides from
our TRNSYS course summarize the most frequently used
solutions.

A variation of using the boundary wall method with modified
ground temperature is to calculate the ground temperature
with Jeff Thornton's Type 164 (or with some user-defined
equation). See also the TESS website for more information
about the non-standard types: http://www.tess-inc.com/

(Type 164 is on this page: http://www.tess-
inc.com/tess/trnsys/tessutil.htm)

Hope this helps,

Werner

"F.Alajmi" wrote:

> Hi everybody
> does any one Know how to simulate underground building
using prebid
> (trnsys simulation program ) explain  Which category of
wall type is used
> for exterior walls .we have  6 walls (four walls
,floor&roof)are they
> catergorized as   boundery or wboundary or......
> thanks
>
> Farraj Alajmi
> Department of Civil & Building Engineering
> Loughborough University
> Loughborough Leics  LE11 3TU  UK

  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Project Manager
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, EVL Division
  /    \____ s-mail: BP 209, 06904 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS,  F R A
N C E
  \____/     phone: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 46 -- fax: +33 (0)4
93 95 67 33
  /    \____ Mailto:werner at cstb.fr
  \____/     http://evl.cstb.fr/english/team/WK/werner.htm

* 3rd French TRNSYS meeting - Sophia Antipolis France, Oct.
23-25 *
                 http://evl.cstb.fr/flash/trnsys_anim.html