[BLDG-SIM] New York Energy Conservation Code

Pat Bailey pbailey at geopraxis.com
Tue Jun 20 11:11:51 PDT 2000

Bob,

The CREST web site has information from the "Building Codes Assistance
Project" which lists the status of various codes by state.  It is my
understanding that the IECC either has or will supercede the MEC across the
board.  The web site below provides the newsletter that gives the updates on
state codes including MEC and IECC.  According to the site, New York has a
state developed code that nominally meets ASHRAE 90.1-1989.

http://solstice.crest.org/efficiency/bcap/050600.pdf

As a general note, the CREST web site is being shut down in July and will
re-emerge later under a difference moniker.  I would go there asap if you
need the information.

I hope this helps,

Pat Bailey
Principal, Energy Engineer