[BLDG-SIM] DOE Capabilities

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Mon Jun 5 13:58:36 PDT 2000

Mike,

The DOE-2.1e program can simulate all of the systems that
you described.  Combining electric centrifugal and direct
fired absorption chillers in a single plant with controls I
have done many times and it works well.  The chillers can
be sequenced in a variety of ways to meet the load and the
sequencing can be modified hourly by schedules.

All three items are well documented in the "DOE-2
Supplement Version 2.1e" by Winkelmann, et al, November
1993 and comes with the DOE-2 documentation package.

Jason