[BLDG-SIM] Window Properties

John Porterfield jmporterfield at hotmail.com
Fri May 12 10:19:27 PDT 2000

A good reference, perhaps dated, is U. S. Glass, Metal & Glazing magazine
article, Aug 1989, by Todd W. Sitrin, provided to me by Southwall
Technologies.  I advocate use of "reflector shade" as originally conceived
by Steve Baer of Zomeworks to manage winter/summer transition of solar gain
and daylight availability, though I haven't had the opportunity to manage an
installation.  If subscribers have experience with this skylight treatment
please let me know.  Also, having done numerous infrared scans, I have yet
to see a skylight well and curb that have been insulated to my liking.  I
advocate a "lay-light" glazing conforming to the ceiling plane to block
air/heat/moisture movement to the skylight glazing.
Thanks!
John Porterfield, Director
Energy Initiatives
Renacer Westside Community Network