[BLDG-SIM] Need BIN Data

Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV
Tue Aug 28 07:30:19 PDT 2001

The National Climatic Data Center recently published
Engineering Weather Data, an update of the old Tri-Serices
blue manual from the 70s.  This includes US and international
locations and bin data.  You can order the CD online for $75 at:

http://nndc.noaa.gov/?http://ols.nndc.noaa.gov/plolstore/plsql/olstore.prodspecific?prodnum=C00515-CDR-A0001

This link goes to the documentation and a sample location file:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/ol/documentlibrary/ewdcd/handbook.pdf

"STANLEY, BRUCE E" <bstanley at oppd.com>@gard.com on 08/28/2001 09:53:59 AM

Please respond to bstanley at oppd.com

Sent by:  postman at gard.com

To:   BLDG-SIM at gard.com
cc:   "LAWRENCE, JUSTIN J" <jjlawrence at oppd.com>

Subject:  [BLDG-SIM] Need BIN Data

We are looking at energy costs for residential applications in the Omaha,
NE
area.

We are using both Degree Day Method and BIN Method for approximating energy
consumption.

Degree Day data is easy to find off of the web. However, BIN Data is much
more difficult. What are good sources of BIN Data?

Prefer free sources, but would be willing to pay. Can this data be obtained
based on yearly totals? Recent years are preferred.

Thank you in Advance,

Bruce Stanley

Heat pumps are energy efficient.
Bruce E. Stanley, P.E. C.E.M.