[BLDG-SIM] Admin> Mailing list problems

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Thu May 3 10:59:51 PDT 2001

Mailing List Members,

I shut down the BLDG-SIM mailing list about a month ago
because of problems with our internet connection.  My last
message telling about that problem caused another problem
called a "mail loop" which resulted in most of you
receiving multiple copies of the message.  Our connection
is still using a standard modem but it appears to be
working consistently.

I have tried to reconfigure the mail server software to
prevent any mail loops from happening again and have tested
it some on a "dummy" mailing list and some other smaller
active lists but I won't know for sure until I try this
message.  Sorry you all have to be guinea pigs.

If you only receive one copy of this message than the BLDG-
SIM mailing list is working again and you can ask all of
your questions about building simulation software that you
have been waiting to ask.

On the other hand, if you receive multiple copies of this
message, obviously I don't have things completely working
yet and I will shut down the list again until I have
another idea on how to fix it.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Jason