[BLDG-SIM] Barrow, Alaska weather file

Steve Gates stvgates at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 12 14:26:19 PDT 2002

Drury and Jason are correct; this is a DOE-2 bug (all versions) that does not allow the program to simulate latitudes at or above the arctic circle (also true in the Southern hemisphere). Drury's suggestion should allow you to get around the problem.

DOE-2.2, Version 41 and later fixes this problem. The program now also recognizes that sun angles can change radically from one month to the next in high latitudes (especially spring/fall, even in more temperate latitudes), and will recalculate shading angles more often than once per month when it encounters this situation.  Users of DOE-2.2 should download Version 41a from the FTP site.

eQUEST is expected will contain this fix sometime this quarter. We are considering porting this fix into DOE-2.1e as well, but have not yet done so.