[Bldg-sim] double-skin facade modelling with Power-DOE

Gülsu Ulukavak gulsu at mmf.gazi.edu.tr
Thu Aug 1 02:25:03 PDT 2002

Hi;

I am trying to model a ventilated double-skin facade with Power-DOE. Should I define it as a layer of facade construction or the air gap of the skin should be considered as a plenum space? Also how can I identify the construction of outer skin if it is a plenum?

One more and a general question:
If I would like to model and examine the performance of a building with a complex facade organisation (for example; like BRE building's facade with its ventilation shafts),
 is it possible with Power-DOE?
I mean that is it possible to analyse the passive performance of the facade and evaluate its effects to whole building performance with Power-DOE?

Thank You.

Gulsu Ulukavak
Arastirma Gorevlisi____Research Assistant
G.U.M.M.F.