[bldg-sim] Data source for cold water inlet temperatures

Maxwell, Jon JMaxwell at aspensys.com
Tue Dec 24 11:26:32 PST 2002

Excuse the partial reference, but I am away from my office right now...

Arthur D. Little and others assembled data for EPRI on this in support of
hourly water heater modeling in the late 1980s.  It may have a longer
history than that.  I know the data can be found in the old EPRI ESPRE
User's Manual Appendix A.  It has average annual water temperature for about
150 cities.  It also includes a factor for seasonal temperature variation,
with the variation using a sinusoidal formula (1992) and amplitude that
varies by city.

Jon Maxwell
Aspen Systems