[BLDG-SIM] Maintenance labor and materials costs

Steiner, Perry perry.steiner at facilities.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 22 11:25:10 PST 2002

Georgia Tech will be replacing a site built 120,000 pph watertube boiler
that was erected in 1944.  We intend to install a package boiler of
about 135,000 pph that uses low NOx burners.  In order to calculate the
Life Cycle Cost of the replacement boiler we need to estimate the
maintenance labor and materials costs.  Are there industry or government
guidelines that use a set percentage of the installation cost for
estimating these costs?  Are these cost ever estimated as a percentage
of the installation cost?

For example:
Maintenance labor and material costs equal 2% of installation cost per
year for the useful life of the boiler.

Please let me know where I might be able to obtain this information.

Sincerely,

Perry Steiner		Office: 404/385-0541
Utilities Analyst		Fax: 404/385-0961
Georgia Tech		perry.steiner at facilities.gatech.edu