[Bldg-sim] zip code to weather file

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Wed Jun 5 08:04:57 PDT 2002

Selecting the most appropriate weather file is not always
straight forward.  I usually look for the weather file that
is geographically close and still has about the same CDD
and HDD as the building location.  I would like to make
this process as easy as possible for people using some
software I'm developing.

Does anyone have a database that would relate something
that most people know about their location in the US (such
as a zip code or state/county) to the appropriate weather
file to use for building simulation (such as TMY2 or WYEC)?
How about a location to design data?

Jason
Jason Glazer, P.E.  mailto:jglazer at gard.com  847 698 5686
GARD Analytics - http://www.gard.com/
1028 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068
Building Energy Simulation and Analysis
Admin of BLDG-SIM list for building simulation users