[Bldg-sim] Weather data conversion tools?

I.G. Theaker igt at integral-design-engineering.ca
Tue May 28 09:05:26 PDT 2002

Hey, Bldg-Sim folks,

I'm doing a TAS simulation on a building in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada; and
EDSL, unfortunately, doesn't have a weather data file for that location.
Instead, they've provided me with a utility where I can create my input file
from data in an Excel spreadsheet.

I *do* have a weather data file in EnergyPlus format (apparently in or
derived from a CWECs / WYEC2 format); but I have no tool to open this binary
and export it to Excel.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with Square 1's WeatherTool, or
any other software that opens EnergyPlus, CWECS and/or WYEC2 file formats;
and can export to Excel?

Warm regards,
Ian Theaker, P.Eng.
Integral Design / Engineering           Helping create beautiful,
Ste. 303 - 2050 Scotia Street           comfortable, ecologically-
Vancouver, BC V5T 4T1 Canada     responsive buildings.