[Bldg-sim] powerdoe / HX

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Wed May 22 07:09:00 PDT 2002

Hi,
I am trying to create a heat exchanger in PowerDoe as that seems to be the way to model a dry cooler, or a fluid cooler that operates dry during cold weather.  However, every time I create a HX, either using the library or my own specs, it crashes the model as soon as it gets into the simulation of the HVAC equipment.  It spits out an error something like J < 0 in line 94.......
Any suggestions on how to model a dry cooler?
The other thing I tried was modeling it as a fluid cooler but changing the capacity curve to derate the overall capacity- this doesn't seem to produce the result I want.
Thanks for any suggestions, this thing is driving me nuts!!

Sincerely,

Alec Stevens
DMI
450 Lexington St.
Newton, MA 02466
p: 617-527-1525x105      f: 617-527-6606
e: astevens at dmiinc.com