[Bldg-sim] Parametric run in Energy Plus

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Wed Sep 4 06:23:58 PDT 2002

One way to do parameteric runs in EneryPlus is with DOS
batch files and using EPMacro with IMF files.

The batch files can create the alternative cases using
lines like this:

  echo ##set1 wallHeight 2 > param.inc
  echo ##set1 wallWidth  10 >> param.inc
  call runeplus  main IL_Chicago_TMY2
  ren main.csv main-2-10.csv

  echo ##set1 wallHeight 3 > param.inc
  echo ##set1 wallWidth  11 >> param.inc
  call runeplus  main IL_Chicago_TMY2
  ren main.csv main-3-11.csv

  echo ##set1 wallHeight 4 > param.inc
  echo ##set1 wallWidth  12 >> param.inc
  call runeplus  main IL_Chicago_TMY2
  ren main.csv main-4-12.csv

The main.imf file would have a line near the top that would
say:

  ##include param.inc

The IMF file would then use the variables "wallHeight" and
"wallWidth".

See the EP documentation for information about macros.  See
an old DOS book about batch files.

Jason

On 3 Sep 2002 at 11:09, Monjur M Mourshed wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Looking for help about parametric run in Energy Plus. I want IDF file to be
> updated automatically (Changing values of a certain variable in every pass)
> and run Simulation. The output file will be updated after every simulation.
>
> Thanks in advance. Regards
>
> Monjur

> Monjur Masum Mourshed
> Unit Researcher & PhD student
> IRUSE: Informatics Research Unit for Sustainable Engineering.
> University College Cork. Ireland.
> Voice: +353-21-4902913
> Fax: 	 +353-21-4276648
> Email: m.mourshed at mars.ucc.ie
>        monjur at ecaad.com
> Web: 	 http://www.ecaad.com/monjur
> 	 http://www.ucc.ie/iruse/monjur

Jason Glazer, P.E.  mailto:jglazer at gard.com  847 698 5686
GARD Analytics - http://www.gard.com/
1028 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068
Building Energy Simulation and Analysis
Admin of BLDG-SIM list for building simulation users