[BLDG-SIM] e-Quest - Title 24 Compliance Run Error

Nikhil Kapur energy_news2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 17:26:12 PST 2003

Hi,
I am working on a building model for certification for Title 24 compliance and I am using a SZRH and FC units attached to a chiller for the mechanical system. The simulation for the compliance analysis abruptly ends towards the "T-24 Standard HVAC sizing" option which is the second last step in the overall compliance simulation in e-Quest.
On further investigation of the ".sim" file for the T-24 StandardHVAC Sizing run the error reported is
 Loop: Chilled Water Loop               has zero design flow.
             Check input for consistency, or specify design loads.

The normal simulation for the model works fine. I would appreciate of anyone could provide a feedback as to why this error is occuring or a solution to fix this.

Thanks
Nikhil Kapur
CTG Energetics
Irvine, CA 92618