[BLDG-SIM] about changing functions in DOE+

Xu Zheng zhxu1 at vt.edu
Tue Feb 4 10:11:42 PST 2003

Is there anybody who can indicate me how to change the
functions in DOEPlus? I am trying to define my own double-glass facade which I
can't find a proper description
in the default DOEPlus.

Double-glass facade is actually double paned curtain walls
with with air cavity in between. Usually, there is Venetian
blind installed in the air cavity for the shading purpose in
summer.

Double-glass facade can either be naturally ventilated or
connected with the HVAC's return air duct.

In terms of construction typology, it can either be stick
system like the Occidantal Building near Niagara Falls, or
unit system like the Commerz Bank in Germany.

Because its complexity, I would like to define it in DOEPlus
according to the data I collected in the lab.

Thanks a lot in advance!(Also thanks Jason's responding.)

Brooke

Xu, Zheng
Environmental Design & Planning Studio
College of Architecture & Urban Studies