[BLDG-SIM] 3D Modeling + Energy Analysis

Warren A. Campbell WCampbell at m3dg.com
Wed Feb 12 05:55:25 PST 2003

Hello All:

I have a request. I am an architect in North Carolina, and it is my job to choose the next generation of software that my office will use in the production of construction documents. On the one hand, I am considering a 3D modeling program, such as Revit, in order to take advantage of both the parametric and rendering capabilities. However, I also have a strong interest in promoting high performance design. Therefore, I was hoping there exists a program that can fluidly incorporate energy analysis into the modeling software. Maybe there is even something on the horizon.

Any suggestions?

Warren A. Campbell, RA
Millennium 3 Design Group
1313 North Tryon Street