[BLDG-SIM] Boiler Performance Curves

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Wed Feb 12 12:38:55 PST 2003

Wade,

You can make your own HW-Blr-HIR-fPLR cubic curve for PowerDoe using Excel.
You can plot boiler efficiency and the boiler input ratio (as defined by
powerdoe) and create a third order polynomial trend line of the resulting
graph.  Have Excel display the trendline equation and then input the
coefficients into a new curve fit in Powerdoe.  The Powerdoe Help files and
documentation do a good job of discussing how curve fits work and how to
create your own.  There is also a detailed help screen that discusses the
Boiler Heat Input Ratio.

If you add your curve fits to a custom library they will always be there for
you to use.

Good luck,

Mike Tillou, PE
etc Group, Inc.