[BLDG-SIM] Evaporative cooling

Sayyed, Autif AutifS at twgi.com
Wed Feb 12 06:56:53 PST 2003

Hello Sangeetha,

I have used the downdraft evaporative cooling calculation tool which, as
mentioned by Eric, was developed by Martin Yoklic and Nader Chalfoun at
Univ. of Arizona. The tool is called `Cool T', and is a very nifty and easy
to use (and only 88kb in size). I think it has been validated using data
from some cool towers built in Tucson and elsewhere. The big limitation with
that program is that it can only simulate the towers in only 6 locations
(Phoenix USA, Tucson USA, Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Gabarone Botswana, Dubai UAE
and Long Beach USA). A classmate of mine ( geraldpde at hotmail.com
<mailto:geraldpde at hotmail.com> ) at Arizona State Univ. is working on
developing a Java based interface and engine which can take in different
weather files (TMY2 or EPW). I am sure Nader and Martin can help you best.

Regards,

Autif Sayyed
The Weidt Group
(952) 938-1588