[bldg-sim] Software tools for the modelling of underfloor heating and coolin g

Christian Struck Christian.Struck at BuroHappold.com
Wed Jan 15 09:03:35 PST 2003

Dear all,

I am looking into the modelling of underfloor heating/ cooling systems and
the response of the space to the system and the external climate.
Since the system will be used for both applications I need to size the
system based on cooling. Can I use Energy Plus to determine the pipe centres
(density of pipes necessary to achieve the output required) or do I need to
consider different packages such as TRNSYS?

If somebody reading this "cry for help" has examples or even tutorials on
that particular subject (Energy Plus) please let me know!

Many thanks for your effort in advance!

Regards

Christian

-------------------------------
Christian Struck VDI
Dipl. Ing. (FH) / CoSA
Buro Happold
51 Cookridge Street
LS2 3AW
Leeds, West Yorkshire
T: 0113 2042200 (switchboard) ext 6143
F: 0113 2042201
E: Christian.Struck at burohappold.com

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or
organisation to whom it is correctly addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient of this transmission, you should not take any action in reliance
on it. Further, this transmission may contain confidential design and other
information owned by Buro Happold. You should not copy, distribute, use,
offer for sale or hire such information or in any way infringe the design
and intellectual property rights of Buro Happold.

It is intended that communication by email from Buro Happold or its
employees is limited to communications connected to the services provided by
Buro Happold. Buro Happold accepts no liability for any communications not
connected to the services it provides.

Computer viruses may be transmitted or downloaded onto your computer system
via email communication. It is the recipient's responsibility to take any
action necessary to prevent computer viruses being transmitted in this way.
Accordingly, Buro Happold disclaims all responsibility which arises directly
or indirectly from such transmission of computer viruses.