[BLDG-SIM] EUN Software Recommendations

Tianzhen Hong thong at eley.com
Thu Jul 24 10:50:17 PDT 2003

Just read the article this morning on the train.

Most of the recommendated tools are decades old and not supported any
more by anyone.

I believe engineers that really use building energy simulations would
give a totally different list.

Tianzhen

http://www.energyusernews.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/feature
s/BNP__Features__Item/0,2584,102460,00.html

Try the following if that URL is too long:

  http://tinyurl.com/hxsg

Here are the 10 tools they recommended:

FLEX
LTGSTD ASHRAE 90.1
SuperLight
ProjectKalc
ComCheck-Plus
SkyCalc
Radiance
EQuest
PVWatts
ASEAM

A second opinion in a sidebar by Bion Howard suggested:

Energy-10
EnergyPlus
DOE-2.1 or 2.2
BLAST

I'm interested if the readers of BDLG-SIM would come to the
same recommendations.

Jason

Jason Glazer, P.E.  jglazer AT gard DOT com  847 698 5686
GARD Analytics - http://www.gard.com/
1028 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068
Building Energy Simulation and Analysis
Admin of BLDG-SIM list for building simulation users