[BLDG-SIM] The conclusion of the" getting the design team to use the energy simulation from the beg inning"

Varkie Thomas Varkie.Thomas at som.com
Mon Jul 7 08:07:33 PDT 2003

Dear Dr. Fanny:

This is in response to your inquiry below.  I did not attend the ASHRAE meetings in Kansas City last week so I am waiting for their report also.  I assume it will deal with future priorities and directions for research & developing and upgrading standards.  I believe that ASHRAE has a Chapter in Egypt.  ASHRAE members get handbooks, journals, and newsletters that provide information on energy related work. You will find information on presenting papers for future symposiums and and seminars. Besides BLDG-SIM you can also subscribe to ASHRAE's TC-4.7 Energy Calculations discussion group.  There are several other such discussion groups including one for EnergyPlus and IBPSA. Since I work for an A-E design firm, my interest is mainly in using energy analysis software to show compliance with standards and codes. Below are some web-site addresses that you might be interested in looking at.

Best wishes

Varkie Thomas

http://xp20.ashrae.org/

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/