[BLDG-SIM] Validation of simulation predictions

Peter Alspach peter.alspach at arup.com
Thu Jun 26 16:49:34 PDT 2003

Can anyone point me to papers that discuss the validation of whole building
energy models (DOE2 or others) with measured building data? I am looking for
papers discussing the accuracy that can be achieved for both simulations
based on comprehensive energy audits of existing buildings and simulations
based on design documents that are then compared to measured performance of
the building after occupation.

Peter Alspach
Mechanical Engineer

ARUP
901 Market Street, Suite 260, San Francisco, CA 94103
T 415-957-9445
D 415-946-0284
F 415-957-9096
peter.alspach at arup.com