[BLDG-SIM] EQuest - Induction Unit Heating Contro

Graham & Megan hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 19 09:03:24 PDT 2003

This module has never worked ideally in any version of DOE-2.  It is quite common in Australia to have 2-pipe cooling only induction units (active or passive chilled beams) in the zone with ventilation, dehumidification, and heating provided from the primary air system.

In 2.1E you could manually zero out the zone heating capacities and use an outdoor-reset schedule to control SAT for heating and rely on the zone units for space cooling.

I have fiddled around with the IU system all day in EQuest v3.24 and I am no closer to a solution.  It will not allow HEAT-CONTROL = RESET and COOL-CONTROL=RESET does not produce the desired effect.  Furthermore it is allowing zone heating when both my MAX-HEAT-RATE and HEATING-CAPACITY are set to a very small value (-1BTU/hr) ...

Has anyone else had similar difficulties or successes with this system?  I could use 4-pipe fan coils and set up a dummy system passing outdoor air using OA-FROM-SYSTEM, but getting the dehumidifcation load is tricky.

Regards,
Graham