[BLDG-SIM] Thermal mass walls

Habaza11 at cs.com Habaza11 at cs.com
Wed Jun 25 06:41:28 PDT 2003

Yes, I am with eQuest results and your guts!. DOE also funded research on thermal mass which showed that thermal mass may have significant effect, minimal effect or adverse effect on cooling/heating  load. In theory, thermal mass in walls is like the balance wheel, which I don’t think will help in reducing the cooling load in your case. Other factors such as infiltration, mechanical system sizing/operation, etc. may be!.
Hussein Abaza, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
ECU.