[BLDG-SIM] Bulilding Simulation Software for Pools

Michael Wilson mwilsonbc at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 18:34:34 PDT 2003

If you want to do this in Doe2, I've modelled it using
functions. The EnergySmart Pools software has an
appendix that lists the assumptions and calculations
they used. I used these to write the functions in
Doe2. It was a bit of work, but once it's done you
have a lot of flexibility, and I think better
accuracy, particularly if you're using outside air for
your dehumidification.

--- David Stewart <davecstewart at ns.sympatico.ca>
wrote:
> Dear Group:
>
> I am looking at a 50.000 indoor pool and my question
> is this:
> Would Visual DOE be the preferred tool to simulate
> the building.  It will have a dehumidifcation heat
> pump for the pool and a combination of distributed
> heat pumps and radiant floor water to water heat
> pumps fed by an open loop system.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave Stewart
> > BEGIN:VCARD
> VERSION:2.1
> N:Stewart MS P. Eng.;David;C
> FN:David C Stewart MS P. Eng.
> ORG:David C Stewart & Associates Inc.
> TITLE:President
> TEL;WORK;VOICE:902 462 8111
> TEL;WORK;FAX:902 435 6646
> ADR;WORK:;;16 Shawinigan Road;Dartmouth;NS;B2W
> 3A3;Canada
> LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:16 Shawinigan
> Road=0D=0ADartmouth, NS B2W 3A3=0D=0ACanada
> ADR;HOME:;;16 Shawinigan Road;Dartmouth;NS;B2W
> 3A3;Canada
> LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:16 Shawinigan
> Road=0D=0ADartmouth, NS B2W 3A3=0D=0ACanada
> X-WAB-GENDER:2
> EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:davecstewart at ns.sympatico.ca
> REV:20030613T125824Z
> END:VCARD