[BLDG-SIM] Bulilding Simulation Software for Pools

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 13 09:44:12 PDT 2003

An indoor pool model is available for TRNSYS 15. You can have a look at
the pdf manual to decide if the level of detail  is suitable for you:

http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/components/type144-manual.pdf

Obviously,  making a TRNSYS simulation with a building, a swimming pool
and the HVAC plant implies a significant development effort but you will
have the flexibility that goes with it.
Available TRNSYS components are listed on our website:

http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/   (go to "Component models" and "TRNLIB").

If you have trouble to locate the swimming pool model among the hundreds
of components, it is in "Component Models", then "non-standard
components for sale", under  "Transsolar".

Regards,

Michaël Kummert

> I am looking at a 50.000 indoor pool and my question is this:
> Would Visual DOE be the preferred tool to simulate the building.  It
> will have a dehumidifcation heat pump for the pool and a combination
> of distributed heat pumps and radiant floor water to water heat pumps
> fed by an open loop system.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave Stewart

Michaël Kummert  -  TRNSYS Coordinator

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu