[BLDG-SIM] Bulilding Simulation Software for Pools

Jon Maxwell jmaxwell at aspensys.com
Fri Jun 13 07:13:43 PDT 2003

A practical tip for use of the Energy Smart Pools software:  It was created long ago, for Windows 3.1, and was not funded for updates on new operating systems. I think it is FoxPro-based.  I found that it works okay on Win 95 or Win 98 computers, but not Win NT or Win 2000, so if you are having trouble running the program, try loading it on your most obsolete computer.

Also, a building simulation tool called MarketManager includes a module for pool heating.  You may want to experiment with their free demo.  http://www.abraxasenergy.com/marketmanager.php.

Jon Maxwell
Aspen Systems