[bldg-sim] eQUEST/DOE2

David Lanceta dlanceta at mafalda.cps.unizar.es
Mon Nov 3 10:10:34 PST 2003

Hi everybody!

My Name is David, from the University of Zaragoza(Spain). I´m trying to know the energy demand of buildings for a cogeneration project using eQUEST/DOE-2, I have many questions because nobody can teach me here. The most important ones are:

1: How can I get Spanish weather files compatibles with DOE-2, at the moment I´m using Rome weather like if it was Madrid weather, and I don´t know if the differences can be passable

2: In order to have the heating and cooling hourly demands of a building.

I suppose these should be independient of the HVAC system chosen but now I´m considering any HVAC system and that the fuel that a 100% efficient boiler is using is the heat demand, the same for the cooling. The problem is that if I change the HVAC system the fuel demand also varies

Is there any way to get these demands independently of the HVAC chosen, maybe from the loads calculations?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Greetings

David
David Lanceta
Área de Mecánica de Fluidos
Centro Politécnico Superior
Universidad de Zaragoza
María de Luna 3, tel (0034)9761000 ext 5044
50015 ZARAGOZA
ESPAÑA